Concluded the Updating and Training Activities of the ‘Latin Language of Science’ Initiative
The Updating and Training Activities of the ‘Latin Language of Science’ initiative, organized by the State Classical and Scientific High School “Pellico-Peano” of Cuneo and the University of Milan in collaboration with the Civic Library of Cuneo, ended today.
The Updating Activities for Teachers included:
- Latin scientific topics and texts for curricula planning (10/19/2022 | curated by Amedeo Raschieri, UniMI);
- Linguistic annotation with IT tools (22/11/2022 | curated by Federico Boschetti, CNR-ILC-CoPhiLab).
The Training Activities for Students included:
- Introduction to the project “Latin language of science” (02/11/2022 | curated by Amedeo Raschieri, UniMI);
- Text annotation with Euporia (12/01/2023 | curated by Federico Boschetti, CNR-ILC-CoPhiLab);
- Semi-automatic transcription with eScriptorium (19/01/2023 | curated by Federico Boschetti, CNR-ILC-CoPhiLab).
Other activities planned as part of the initiative will follow shortly:
- two Visits to the Historical Fund of the Civic Library of Cuneo (25/01/2023 and 01/02/2023 | curated by Stefania Chiavero, Director of the Civic Library of Cuneo);
- a Laboratory Activity for Students: Thematic and lexical annotation of a selection of medical texts of the Piedmontese sixteenth-century (February-March 2023).
The initiative received the patronage of UniMI, AIUCD, CLARIN, CLARIN-IT and DiPText-KC.